I am very pleased with the care and love put into the excellent work the sisters have done in repairing my heirloom rosaries. The rosaries are very sturdy now and I am very certain they will continue to be passed in for more generations to come.
The Sisters do expert rosary repair, including restoration of treasured antique rosaries and replacement and substitution of missing beads and other parts. Please the additional product tabs for instructions on how to send a rosary, basic price quotes, and frequently asked questions about our repair service.
- We recommend sending rosaries to be repaired in either a padded mailer or box. Make sure that the rosaries are packaged well so that they do not move around inside, but please do not use tape or other adhesive to secure the rosary in the package, as this can harm the finish on beads and/or metal parts.
- Please include your name, email address, and any other information or special instructions you have for the rosary. Make sure the email address is typed or written clearly so that we can easily contact you.
- Depending on the value of the rosary, you may wish to insure the package and add Confirmation of Delivery for your own peace of mind to know that the rosary has reached us safely.
- Mail the package to the following address:
8540 Kenosha Drive
Colorado Springs, CO
- Please allow up to 2 weeks (due to large amounts of rosary repairs we ask you to please be patient) after our receiving the package for us to evaluate your rosary. We will then contact you with any questions we have or information regarding the repair as well as the cost and instructions for sending payment. If you do not hear from us after a significant period of time, please check your junk email folder for our email and/or contact us.
- If the Sisters have already given you a total for your repair, please click here to add the amount to your shopping cart.
- We will not begin the repairs until we have received payment, in case you change your mind. We generally ask four to five weeks time for the completion of repairs after the receipt of payment; however, the time may vary according the extent of the repair needed and how many rosaries we are working on at the time.
- If we do not hear back from you within three months, we will presume that you are no longer interested in having the rosary repaired. We will use the rosary in some way in our rosary repair apostolate and cannot promise to hold onto the packages that are over three months old.
We need to see and evaluate each rosary before giving a final cost for the repair. Below are some general price estimates for different repair services, but please know that these costs are only estimates and the final cost may be higher or lower because of special bead sizes, types, rosary construction etc. This cost does not include shipping under $10.00.
- A couple of broken links, chain or missing beads (does not apply to cord or acu-flex rosaries which often need to be completely re-made when broken).$5 - $15
- Many broken links, or missing beads (does not apply to cord or acu-flex rosaries which often need to be completely re-made when broken). $12 - $25
- Only applies to certain rosary types (crystal, metal, most stones). $10 - $15
- Applies only to some wood beads. $20 - $30
- Re-made according to our style of making rosaries – we do not do wire-wrapping and we sometimes eliminate extra jump rings.
Nickel wire - $45 - $50
Sterling silver wire - $65 - $75
Gold filled wire
Cord - $35
Acu-flex - $40 - $50
- Only applies if we need to or you want us to order in special beads for the repair, we will otherwise use replacement beads from our large stock of donated antique rosaries and parts. $0 - $5
- Only applies if you want a new center or crucifix, otherwise we will use replacements from our large stock of donated parts from old rosaries. $2 - $10
- You will have to take the crucifix to a jeweler if you want to have a Corpus soldered on – we use a strong jewelry enamel for these types of repairs. $5 - $10
We usually ask four to five weeks time to complete rosary repairs. Simple repairs will often be shipped back sooner, but it depends on the number of rosaries we are working on at the time. If you need the rosary by a certain date, please be sure to let us know when you send it.
Yes, but frequently if the cord has broken the only way to repair the rosary will be to re-make it completely.
We have a strong jewelry enamel that we use in order to re-attach broken corpus’s to the cross. If the Corpus is missing, we are often able to supply one. However, we do not do soldering. If you want the corpus soldered back the cross we recommend taking the crucifix to a jeweler.
No, we do not repair Scapulars. See our Scapular information page for instructions on how to dispose of old and broken scapulars.
We give almost all rosaries a basic cleaning, and sometimes recommend a deeper cleaning for rosaries that would benefit from it. Some rosaries are not able to have a deep cleaning, since the polishes or cleaning process would damage the beads. To clean wood rosaries, we use an oil-based wood cleaner.
We can never guarantee that a rosary will not break again, especially when working with old or antique rosaries and old and brittle beads and parts. We check through all rosaries after every repair to look for weak links and are sometimes able to prevent future damage by tightening or replacing them while the rosary is still here. We will let you know if we think the rosary is fragile and needs to be either re-made or treated with great care.
As closely as we can. We have a very large collection of old beads and parts from all types of rosaries. Often we are able to match the beads exactly, but if we are not we come as close as we can. When choosing replacements for broken or missing centers and crucifixes that cannot be repaired, we do our best to choose one that matches the style of the rosary.
Please ask us! There are so many different kinds of rosaries that it is impossible to list them all here, as well as the different requests that people might have. We have worked on all types of rosaries, and it is rare that we come across something we are not able to repair.
We understand your concern. We recommend insuring your package and sending it priority or even express mail if you have concerns about the rosary being lost. Pack your rosary well! Rosaries sent in a paper envelope often do not make it to our door in one piece.
Yes we do! Such donations of old rosaries and parts are what help our rosary repair apostolate be a success. It is because of donations like these that we are often able to repair someone’s treasured rosary. Please send any such donations to the address above. We would be most grateful.
Please do not submit payment until you have received a quote from the Sisters for your rosary repair.
“I just wanted to thank you for the excellent customer service provided by your online shop and the very fine quality of scapular (the best I've seen) and Miraculous medal. I admire the wonderful work you are doing towards the restoration of Holy Church and Her glorious traditions.”
– D.M., Northern Ireland
“Out of all of the on-line religious goods stores I've found, the articles on your website are all quality without the kitsch. I received my order of religious jewelry super fast. Thank you. I’m so happy to have a place to go when I need a quality sacramental.”
– Andrew, Colorado, USA
“Every item is absolutely beautiful! I have not encountered any other service, either online or brick-and-mortar establishment, that offers items of the same exquisite quality as your sacramentals. The aesthetic beauty is not only pleasing to the eye but inspires devotion in the heart and a more ardent desire to please God. I will definitely be using your wonderful service for most of my devotional needs! Thanks again! God bless you, Sisters.”
– Antonia, New York, USA
“Excellence is the Sisters trademark! As always, a smooth easy means of purchase, coupled with prompt shipping . The Items I have purchased over the years are always of superb quality and workmanship. I could not be more pleased.”
- Francis T Walsh
“I have now purchased at least a dozen brown scapulars from the Sisters of Carmel and have always received items of the utmost quality that wear very well. Adding to my satisfaction is that the Sisters charge a standard USPS shipping rate for the items, i.e., they do not add to one’s cost by charging inflated “shipping and handling” charges. Furthermore, my order was shipped one business day after I placed my order. We are all called by God to serve within the confines of His graces to us. The Sisters of Carmel are models of that calling.”
- Ed Shimkus
“I have received my orders from you and again want to thank you for them. The Blessed Sacrament and Seven Dolors chaplets are beautiful and will be treasured by me for many years. As others have said, the pictures on the web site don’t do them justice. I also want to thank you for the books you carry. They are clearly selected with the goal of deepening faith. It is wonderful to find a place where I can go and know that I will receive quality, not only of merchandise, but of faith. Again, thank you for the work you do.”
– Mary, Minnesota, USA
“I just received my scapular and crucifix along with the Miraculous Medals. I am so very pleased with the quality of the items! Truly the BEST on-line selection of sacramentals. Thanks so much! I will be ordering from you again soon.”
– David, Ohio, USA
“Your website is like an oasis of good spiritual things! You do such magnificent work, the chaplets are amazing! The badges are like having good friends near, and your books are so nourishing to the soul. I feel so blessed to have found you. Thank you again, and you are in my prayers.”
– Laura, California, USA
“Unbelievable service – I received my order on Monday, exactly five days after placing it. Your customer service is outstanding. Everything was securely packaged and arrived in perfect condition. The ceramic ornaments are lovely, and I can’t wait to add them to my Christmas tree this year. The exquisite suncatcher will be placed in my kitchen window where it will be appreciated every day. And as for the ‘In Paradisum’ CD, all I can say is it’s on continuous loop right now. I love early sacred choral music and have a collection of CD’s, but this one is stunningly beautiful and has become my new favorite.”
– Linda, North Carolina, USA
“I wanted to let you know that I received the Rosary that you created for us just a short while ago. Sisters, it has to be without exception the most beautiful Rosary I have ever held. It is exactly how I envisioned it and the size is perfect. You were also right about the beads; the color is exceptional! Thank you, thank you, thank you each and every Sister for doing such a perfect job and for putting up with us throughout this whole process. While rersearching this project, every time I looked elsewhere, I always seemed to be guided back to the Sisters of Carmel, and now I know why...PERFECTION!
– A Catholic Church, New York, USA
“I just wanted to thank you for the exceptional care you took in packing/shipping the books and other items in my order.... It’s the little extra touches like this that go a long way with the customer and lets them know how much you value their business.”
– R.C., New York, USA
“I received my sterling silver Pardon Crucifix yesterday. It was such a pleasure to receive it. Everything was packaged and presented with such care and finesse. The crucifix was crafted with such intricate and beautiful details that it does not do justice to look at it through the Internet. One has to order it to relish what a beautiful piece of art it is. Again, the manner you package the crucifix, the enclosures contained within, and the quality of craftmanship itself has totally exceeded my expectations.”
“I recently purchased a cord rosary from the Sisters of Carmel. I have to say the quality and craftsmanship was far beyond my expectations. I was so impressed I ordered two more rosaries as gifts. God bless the Sisters of Carmel and God bless your ministry! Your rosaries, in my opinion, are of the finest quality anywhere.”
“When I asked my priest to bless my new scapular, it took his breath away by its handmade beauty. I told him it had been made with loving hands by the Sisters of Carmel. I felt the Holy Spirit say to give it to him. I did. He was overwhelmed. I ordered another one for myself and it arrived today. I love it. It is so beautiful. I will kiss it every day. I am eager to have it blessed tomorrow and wear it immediately. Thank you.”
“I love to order any item from your site. Always such high quality and a joy for all that I give them to. Your care and blessings are felt from the Holy Spirit to us. Thank you and God bless you.”
“Once again the best. I appreciate you quickly sending me the scapular. I could have gone locally to purchase one, but I truly appreciate your craftsmanship and customer service.”
“This is the most beautiful rosary I have ever seen crafted. Combining high quality materials, skillful labor, and loving prayer, the Carmelite Sisters are hands down the best choice to go with when shopping for rosaries. Reasonably priced, quick delivery, and wonderful customer service, I will DEFINITELY be ordering all of my future rosary purchases from ”